Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Christmas please hurry hurry up!!

Its the most wonderful time of the year. Nothing can ever beat having the whole family under one roof laughing, eating, and having fun. I get a warm on the inside just thinking about it:)

Our whole extended family comes to our house on the night of Christmas eve. If you have ever been to my house you know that it isn't the biggest thing in the world. But having every one that close just makes things so much better. we all just love each other so much you can just feel it in the air. It swirls around us and fills us to the brim. This will also be the last year that all our family is not together because next year both of my siblings on missions will be HOME!! yes!! I can't wait!! Our family is just so dang cool. Nuf said:)

So during this big bash we do so many things. Let me just give you a little vision of what it would/will look like. Our front living room has all the furniture kind off pushed up against the walls to make room. All the Christmas decorations are shining and just look all happy. Then the people just start pouring in around 7 to 7:30pm. We say a few word of thanks and say a prayer then.....the feast begins. We have 2 "6 foot" long subs, potato salad, fruit, veggies, chips, dip, ice cream, pie, ham, and all kinds of treats. We sit and eat and laugh. then all the kids gather together to play board games. My aunt pulls every one together and we do the best traditional thing of all...the Christmas bells!! yes! That is something I look forward to every year. I will explain them later on when it is closer to the actual holiday. After that the party dies down and every one goes home. Then it is time to go to bed and sit (not sleep) and wait for Santa to come:) (during the party me and my sister exit for a second a put on our matching Christmas PJ's)

Now you have some knowledge of what goes down at my house that wonderful night. I hope that all of you have just as much fun as we do every holiday season:)

have a lovely night.

with love: Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment